|Yeah, I can see why decent, moral Americans are upset with what President Obama and the Democrats have done to our country. Below are just a few of the terrible things President Obama and the Democrats have done.|
1. The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009, equal-pay for women.
2. Signed the reauthorization of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) to cover an additional 4 million children currently uninsured.
3. Reversed a Bush-era policy which had limited funding of embryonic stem cell research.
4. Obama signed the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, a measure that expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability, on October 8, 2009
5. Obama signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, a $787 billion economic stimulus package aimed at helping the economy recover from the deepening worldwide recession. Obama actions saved millions of jobs and helped prevent the worst economic disaster know to man. If you think things are bad now, just triple it. This was what we were heading for without Government action.
6. Made college loans more affordable with tax credits. Tax credits for college expenses for 2009 and 2010. You could receive a tax credit of up to $2,500 to offset the cost of tuition, certain fees and course materials related to the first four years of a post-secondary education.
7. New consumer protections for credit card users. The Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act
8. Cracking down on waste in Pentagon weapons acquisition. Enacted key reforms to combat waste, fraud and abuse in government contracting at the Department of Defense and at other federal agencies where there have been billions of dollars in documented abuses of no-bid contracts and overpayments.
9. Giving businesses tax incentives to hire unemployed workers. Employers who hire unemployed workers this year may qualify for a 6.2-percent payroll tax incentive, in effect exempting them from the employer’s share of Social Security tax on wages paid to these workers.
10. Stopping abuses by Health Insurance Companies. The new health care law will prevent insurance companies from preying on unsuspecting Americans. The law will make it illegal for insurance companies to drop coverage of policyholders for trivial reasons and will allow for an improved appeals process if an insurance company refuses to cover or pay for services.
11. Saving GM and Chrysler and thousands of jobs. The fact that GM and Chrysler are not only alive but profitable in a weak market, after years of losing billions of dollars when car and truck sales were 50% higher, looks like more than just a successful government intervention.
12. Cutting taxes for middle class Americans. Cut taxes for 95 percent of workers and their families with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples.
13. Tax breaks for small businesses. More than 3,600 small businesses have already attained $1.4 billion support in terms of loans. There were a total of 18 tax breaks which included the credit for health care provision to workers.
14. Tax deductions for college education expenses. Interest, tuition and fees
15. Stopped the 700 - 800 thousand job losses per month after taking office.
16. Has restored some American credibility to the world that was lost during the Bush years.
17. Free preventive care will be provided for those under Medicare. Co-pays and deductibles will be eliminated for Medicare users, effective as of January, 2011.
18. Health insurance help will be available to people who retire at 55-64 via a re-insurance program, it was effective 90 days after the health care reform bill took effect.
19. Health insurance companies will no longer be able to set lifetime limits on coverage, effective six months after the 2010 Health Care Reform Bill was enacted.
20. Tax credits of up to 35% are offered to small businesses that provide health care coverage for their employees. This 35% tax credit is available starting during the 2010 calendar year. By 2014, a 50% tax credit is offered to small businesses that provide health care coverage for their employees.
21. EXTENDING HEALTH CARE COVERAGE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE UP TO 26TH BIRTHDAY THROUGH PARENTS' INSURANCE
22. He signed into law the successful Car Allowance Rebate System, known as "Cash for Clunkers", running from July to August 2009, which not only reduced inventories but set off increased production runs at GM, Ford and Toyota, resulting in the rehiring of laid-off workers
23. Unemployment numbers rose briefly to as high as 10% in October 2009 (unemployment was 8.3% in Obama's first full month) before decreasing to 7.8% in September 2012. In the first quarter of 2010, the U.S. economy expanded at a 2.7% pace after growing at its fastest rate in six years in the fourth quarter, 5.7%. Actually unemployment has increased less than .03% since President Obama took over the worst economic disaster since the great depression. This in itself is remarkable. All with no help from any Republican in office.
24. On September 24, 2009, Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to preside over a meeting of the United Nations Security Council
25. An agreement was reached with the administration of Russian President Dmitri Medvedev to replace the 1991 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with a new pact reducing the number of long-range nuclear weapons in the arsenals of both countries by about one-third.
26. On August 31, 2010, Obama announced that the U.S. combat mission in Iraq was over pulling our troops out of Iraq..
27. According to a May 2009 poll conducted by Harris Interactive for France 24 and the International Herald Tribune, Obama was rated as the most popular world leader, as well as the one figure most people would pin their hopes on for pulling the world out of the economic downturn
28. On October 8, 2009, Obama was named the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
29. Obama defended the New Deal social welfare policies of Franklin D. Roosevelt and opposed Republican proposals to establish private accounts for Social Security and reduce SS benefits for seniors.
30. Obama is supporting eliminating taxes for senior citizens with incomes of under $50,000. Those seniors making over $50,000 would only be taxed on the amounts earned over $50,000.
31. Restored the pay-as-you-go budget principle – giving it the force of law – which Congressional Republicans allowed to lapse in 2002, doubling the national debt and tripling the debt held by foreign countries.
32. Killed Osama bin Laden and more terrorists in 3 years of his term then Bush and Republicans in 8 years.
33. President Obama has pulled all troops out of Iraq ending America's stupid war which caused massive debt AND KILLED THOUSANDS OF AMERICAN TROOPS.
34. As of March 2014 President Obama has now created over 8.7 million jobs with 48 straight months of private job growth. Never forget that George W. Bush and the Republicans lost us 8 million jobs plus with their policies before President Obama stopped the great depression.
35. Health care costs have increased only 4% in last two years. The smallest increase in 40 years.
America would be so much further ahead if we could just get the obstructionist Republican Party out of power. Republicans hate Obama more than they love America's freedom and success. It is so obvious. Just turn on Fox News at night and let the lies and BS begin.
President Obama even plans more terrible things for you. This really upsets me.....LOL
Don't know who to vote for? If this new generation of Tea party Republicans makes you scream, vote a straight Democratic ticket and say No to Tea party Republican Extremism. Just think about how much more could be accomplished without Republican obstructionism.
If your TV, radio, and mailbox are overflowing with corporate-funded smears, vote straight Democratic to say No to Republican Fascism. Never put corporations over the people as the Republican party is doing. Republicans have no plans except to go back to the Bush policies. They really believe in the trickle down myth.
Article by Ray Beaufait
USA - Indiana
DEMOCRATS AND INDEPENDENTS - PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO YOUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE FROM THE LIST OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS PRESIDENT OBAMA CLEARLY STOPPED THE BLEEDING AND WE ARE HEADED FOR RECOVERY.
IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT ABOUT THE VALIDITY OF ANYTHING ABOVE PLEASE FACTCHECK IT AT http://www.factcheck.org/
You are the director and star in your own movie (Life). All others play a role. - Ray Beaufait
Those blinded by fear, beliefs, feelings and emotions will not see the truth. - Ray Beaufait
You can't solve your problems with the same level of thinking that created your problems. - Unknown
Doing the same things over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity. - Unknown
Use your Past as a learning tool, your Present to prepare for your Future.- Ray Beaufait
If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people - their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties - someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad; if that is what they mean by a "Liberal," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal." - John F. Kennedy
USA - SOUTHERN INDIANA